Monday, April 19, 2010

Who Me??



















Presented by Meanie

I have never won an award of any kind.

Okay I'm a lyin' witch.

My sister gave me a blog award when I first started blogging and I had no idea how repost the blinkie.  So I skipped over it...sorry.

I also think Laura had tagged me in a post and I totally forgot to blog about it...sorry.

Here's the thing, I am terrible at rememebring to do things that somehow don't fit into my ordinary routine.  So my sincerest appologies to you both.  I'm here to make it right.

I have known  Meanie  for a little over 13 years when we worked at a sports store together.  I can remember the last time I saw her.  It was at the Dr. office and she tried to hook me up with her GP because mine was headed south with his mistress.  She recently  had her 2nd baby I think...so we are talking at least 4 years ago.   Prior to that I think I saw her at a store I worked at, pushing a stroller and I think my jaw dropped when I saw she had a baby.  And before that I'm pretty sure I accidently stood her up when I was supposed to meet her for drinks. 

Ya...I'm a good friend that way.  (sense the tone and accept my appology for being a lame ass friend.)  And thank you for the award.

Now I know some of you are groaning because I'm about to pay it forward.  Here are the rules:

1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the award logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been
nominated.

Here are my 7 random things about me that I know you are lining up to read about:

1.  I wish I could belt out a tune like Celine Dion and dance like Janet Jackson.  Truly I do.  I sing my heart out when I am alone in the car and I sound fab-u-lous.  So fabulous that any recording company out there is far too afraid to sign me to a record deal.  I am untouchable in this area.

2.  I  didn't finish my degree.  I went to school for Criminology and Law and dropped out in my third year.  I used to work for Victims of Violence Canadian Centre for Missing Children and this is what lead me into that education path.  I stopped working there and my 22 year old life suddenly went to shit.  I started working retail because I had bills to pay and worked for Jacob for almost 10 years.  I eventually became a District Manager after working towards that position for years.  I loved it.  Then I went on Maternity leave with M, the company restructured and I lost my position.  I saw it coming a mile a way but it still really hurt.  Now I work where you can find fabulous for less.  The jury is still out on that one.  I only worked there for 8 months, all the while pregnant and you know me and pregnant. (blah)  The entire 8 months I spent performance managing two very incompetent mangers, both of which no longer work for the company.

3.  I live by the phrase "chose your battles" I would rather walk away then fight.  And sometimes I walk away for good, all the while obsessing about the fight and things I should have said.

4.  I love shoes, handbags and jeans and tshirts...Hell, I like clothes, which is why retail is really suited to my personality.  I have about 20 purses, 40 pairs of shoes, 1/2 of which are flipflops, and two drawers full of tshirts.  I am not at liberty to discuus the jean issue because of the post baby flab that I am working at getting rid of, but at one point I owned over 30 pairs. 

5.  I once wore a pair of silver patent leather jeans out to a club.  I stayed over at a "friends" house that night and I had to do the walk of shame all the way down Elgin street on a sunday morning, in the same clothes, only my hair had rats nests in it and my make-up was smugded.  Mothers were covering their childrens eyes as I walked past them.

6.  I never make my bed.........well I shouldn't say never. I make it 2 minutes before I'm ready to crawl in.


7. I love to get flyers in my mailbox.

There you have it peeps, 7 things you never knew about me.  You are sitting on the edge of your chair aren't you???? And you may be sitting there a wee bit longer because I am going to send you off to 7 other bloggers that I love.

Bad Mommy Moments My all time favorite blog.  I read religiously and I even go into her archives for a good laugh.  Her's was the first blog I ever read and delurked from, aside from my sisters. 

The Kitchen Witch  Ridiculously mouth watering recipes with a story that will make you laugh and cry all at once.

Lost in Suburban Bliss  Keeping it real in the burbs.  I love her Friday Foto's.

Babies, Paper and Song The first person I knew besides my sister, who showed me their scrapbook and I didn't roll my eyes.  Her pages = wonderful.

Kiddie Kaleidoscope  My very first follower...and she needs to be saluted...she has twins.

Naptime writing  I love her stories, I love how honest she is, and I love that she responds to her comments

These pages of my life  My Sister, who is my very best friend, and her wonderful creations.

These are just a few of my favorites and ones that I exit my google reader to comment on.  I have so many blogs that I read and love, they are all deserving recipients of this award.

Happy Monday Peeps.

5 comments:

  1. Aww shucks. Thank you! Love the silver jeans story!! You must post a pic of them. We'd never make you get into them again, but at least give us a hint of what they look like. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for the shout-out!
    And flyers in your mailbox? That is hysterical! I will forever think of you now when I toss my flyers in the recycling bin, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a lot of fun reading your list - you are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You love flyers in your mailbox? You goof! Thanks for the shout out.
    And I'd love a picture of those sparkly jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Jen!
    (That's number one. Not sure about the other six things. ;) )

    ReplyDelete