Thursday, December 29, 2011

November Project 12

Well, well, well, here we are nearing the end of 2011, and I somehow managed to pull off the second last installment of Project 12 for the year.

Don't ask me how I accomplished this, because my scrappy mojo left me somewhere back in October.

Not Sure if it was the new fall routine that caught up with me, my disorganized scrap space,  the 2 month bout with insomnia, or maybe dealing with some challenges in my home life but I haven't felt like scrapping at all.

Not one bit.  I get home from work and it is all I can do to keep my eyes open enough to eat and give the kids baths.

There have been several nights that I have fallen asleep, clothes and all, in the boys room.

I digress....Project 12 November...The sketch:











I'm not going to lie to you, I balked and panicked when I saw this sketch.  Not only was my mojo gone, but any one who knows my style, knows that I am a line `em up nice and neat, add a few embellishments type of girl.

I don't do random, I usually stick with 4x6 prints, and I took so few pictures in November, which on a side note is totally not like me either.

But I'm a good sport and committed to seeing this project through to the end, So this is what I came up with:











No word of a lie, it took me two weeks.....GACK!  I replaced allot of the photos with patterned paper, and lined up my photos more like a grid.  There are a whole slew of scrappbookers that do random picture placement so well.  When I attempt it it looks weird, so I stuck with what I was comfortable with, and I think that's okay right?

I'm happy it is done, but looking back at the month and seeing so few pictures that I took of my kids saddened me a little. I had a few more of Michael, then of Jack and I don't like to have uneven amounts, another weird quirk of mine.  I know my head wasn't screwed on straight, but hopefully I'm over that hump.

In the end I was happy to get this completed this morning.  Work will settle down soon just after year end, and we will all be settling in to winter days spent indoors.

There is also an impending purchase so near in my future.  I`m torn between the Nikon 3100 or the Canon rebel 2Ti.  ( I welcome opinions)  I have waited so long to buy my first DSLR that I can hardly contain my self and I think this mama might go a little mamma-parrazzi on her kids with her new toy.

So on that note I am going to see if the flyer's have arrived and peruse the Internet whilst the kids bathe.

Happy, Happy weekend to you all.  If you are out ringing in the New Year this weekend, please be safe.

Nighty night.


No comments:

Post a Comment