Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Project Big Boy Phase Two

He is growing up before our eyes.
I can't say that phase one was a success.
We have settled on a bottle of water at night.
We still have tantrums at bed time,
but they are getting more manageable.
Mostly due to the fact the he wants to start PHASE TWO.

Yesterday he napped in his bed.
It took him an hour to fall asleep but he did it!
YAY!






























*I woke him up with the flash*

And last night he spent the whole night in it.
He was full of P & V bouncing around.
It was a good thing he couldn't see my face
because I was grinning from ear to ear.
After 1/2 hour of leading him back to bed he finally stayed.
pheeeeewww.

I did not sleep well last night FYI.
I kept anticipating a little face to appear at my bedside.
It didn't happen last night, but I'm sure it will.

This morning he came downstairs all on his own and said:
"Good morning Mommy."
*sigh*
I was misty eyed.
I love that kid.

Mind you he almost got my foot up his you know what at nap time today.
Said boy thought he would take 1 1/2 hours to play before napping.
Jumping on the bed.
Pulling clothes out of the closet.
Pulling books of the shelves.
Man alive I was at my wits end.

I finished this layout this weekend about him,
And about me.
Journalling reads:

I’m trying but it isn’t easy.
Little by little my baby is slipping away from me.
I have to contain myself from hovering or being a “Copter- Mom”.
I’m letting you go down the stairs without holding my hand.
I’m letting you walk down the street a few feet in front of me.
I hold my breath when I see you trying to imitate your cousin Quintin and jump off the stairs.
No more bottles.
We have set up your room to transition you to a toddler bed.
The toilet potty seat and big boy boxer shorts have been purchased. Slowly but surely you are growing up.
My heart hurts when I look at how big you are compared to your baby brother Jack.
I have to remind myself sometimes that you are only 2 and a bit.
I don’t want to rush you.
I know only too well that it WILL backfire if I change too much at once.
I want to hold you, cuddle you, and squeeze you.
I want you to stay so innocent.
I don’t want you grow up on me.
But I know you have to.
That is why I am letting go....ever so slowly.…one baby step at a time. You are so on your way to becoming a big boy.
But you still are my sweet, sweet baby boy.
Love you.
















Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. your comments on the transition into big boy bed really made me smile. brings back a lot of memories. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete