Sunday, January 31, 2010

What will he see?

In two (long) days Mr. Grounhound will make his much anticipated, yet somewhat groggy pilgrimage up from the depths of his warm hole in the ground.

I'm placing money on the chance that he will see his shadow.

And that he won't.

I really don't think it matters much what that little bug*er  sees or doesn't see. 

We always seem to get six more weeks of freaking cold.

And for some reason February is always the coldest and longest.

Ironic as it is the shortest month.

I think it is just the anticipation of March.

The promise of a hint of spring.

Mother Nature toying with our clothing choices.

What we really get is more snow.

A snowstorm that always seems to tornado it's way into town.

Leaving close to 14000 feet of snow in its wake.

Only to be replaced by the inevitable rain that melts away all of the white (read grey, black and stinky by this point) snow.

I love winter...

Can you tell that 2 days of -34 with the windchill is starting to grate on my nerves and that i am suffering from a small case of cabin fever?

I am however, thankful that you dropped by to have a read.

I'll leave you with a layout I did for my friend Lisa.

She was teaching a class at her LSS this weekend and asked me to create a layout based on her sketch. 

It is a picture of M on the morning he became a big brother and some thoughts on how I was feeling that morning.

Nighty Night.

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented, Jen!!!

    And did you hear that PETA is campaigning to have them use a ROBOTIC groundhog instead of P. Phil, because they think it's cruel?? WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again killing me with the labels. M and I were just talking about the weather this AM. He thinks it will be nothing but a deep freeze for the rest of the winter. I, like you think we are in for a great big dump! You do know that April is the new March right... Ya about 8-10 more weeks sounds more like it. Stoooopid winter.

    Love the page, I'm sure it was a hit.

    ReplyDelete