Monday, September 5, 2011

Better late than never

So July ripped through my life like a hurricane, as did the deadline in August to get my layout done for project 12.

If you can believe it for the first time in 18 months I didn't get it in on time.  

I still really love this project, mostly because it is about life.

Those special random moments that happen as you are living.

I also love that it is a double page layout that I can almost always fit in pictures that otherwise may have not been scrapped.

I got my act together this weekend and whipped out my layout.

Here is a reminder of the sketch:











 And my take on it:














I have to admit that July didn’t seem to be my best month on record for a few reasons.  I was missing some family members and I was working ALLOT!  I tried to do fun things with the boys but truthfully we just spent time in the backyard.  Mom was at Sam’s for a good chunk of the month and I found myself exhausted trying to do everything myself.  I hit a stop with my weight loss journey and I tried daily to find the good in everything but I found this month more difficult to do so.  I snapped out of it near the end and July seemed to brighten and lighten up.  Here is what Facebook had to say:
July 1 at 12:41pm In light of the holiday, I am taking a break from counting calories and making a yummy dinner and dessert. Not sure what yet but I certainly have enough to choose from! Have a happy and safe holiday! ♥ 
July 2 at 8:41pm watching Michael dance as Daddy jams. The boy has MOVES ♥
July 2 at 9:55pm Bruce is watching his favorite movie. Groundhog Day. He is denying that it is his favorite, but not convincingly. ♥
July 6 at 10:50pm At the risk of sounding dorky, I really miss the John Tesh radio show on my drive home. ♥
July 7 at 2:34pm The great thing about having boys is that they can "go" anywhere. :) ♥
July 11 at 3:11am 3:30am and sleep is eluding me. No huge surprises there. ♥
July 11 at 7:21pm My eyes are burning. This Momma is off to bed with the kiddos tonight! ♥
July 13 at 7:36 Nothing like a major corporate visit to help in ones weight loss journey! Small scale victory this morning! ♥
July 14 at 9:43pm All hell broke lose at bedtime tonight....odd. ♥
July 16 at 7:51am I gave my child a Popsicle for breakfast. In my defense it was homemade and only had berries yogurt and orange juice in it. ♥
July 17 at 7:46pm Two things that made me smile today...donating too big clothes and The Bigs playing in the pool in our living room sans water. LIG.  ♥ 
July 18 at 2:45am Too many things keep me awake at night. ♥
July 18 at 6:44pm my back is just not what it used to be...I'm creaking like an old lady over here! ♥
July 18 at 8:36pm Two things that made me smile today; Jack calling "Mickhoool" to come downstairs and play and the boys hugging each other at bedtime. ♥
July 19 at 6:18pm Thinking about you lots Kulapate. RIP. ♥
July 23 at 9:14pm Carey Hart...Hot. Corey, not so much. ♥
July 24 at 5:20am Happy Birthday to the best mom ever!! You are loved. ♥
July 26 at 7:57pmNew favorite thing that J says: "G'night Mummy." So sweet. ♥
July 26 at 8:00pm what if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday? ♥
July 29 at 6:58am The great thing about being a parent is that you get to be puked on in the middle of the night...repeatedly. ♥
July 29 at 7:16pm Just cleaned my desk. And by cleaned I really mean hid things in storage containers in no particular order. I will be kicking myself when I go to find things. ♥
July 30 at 7:55pm Raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways.  
July 31 at 1:37pm Can we talk about my child that keeps throwing up in the night? ♥
 And that my friends was July.
 In other breaking news, my baby starts JK tomorrow.  
 I verklempt when I was checking his bus schedule and nearly stopped breathing. 
 Okay that may be a slight exaggeration but still....
 Happy Labor Day Friends.



 

 



 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment