Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Temper, temper

Mornings in which I lose my temper are always the best.

Yes that is a lie.

I am always filled with a big cloud of guilt that lingers and ruins the majority of my day.

And for what?

Because someone didn't want to put his coat on,

which inevitably leads to us being late, him upset with me, me upset with him.

My inability to explain to him so he understands why he needs to wear a coat is frustrating.

His inability to understand why he needs to wear a coat?

Frustrating.

Putting stickers on the dishwasher was so much more fun than putting a coat on, I get it.

But trying to teach your children boundaries, limits, manners, morals, values and why it is important to eat fruits and vegetables...that is what is hard.

Especially when they are not quite ready to understand their actions, reactions and consequences.

And that my friends, is what is on my mind this sunny Tuesday morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment