Thursday, October 29, 2009

It could have been him.

I know it's not,

But it very well could have been him.

B was surfing through the Mountain Hardwear Website and found that photo.

The gold glasses,

The non logo ball cap,

The mountains that could be the Rockies,

The mountain goat,

The rabbit ear face,

The Monkey Man fleece.

I had to look away because

It really could have been him.

He could have been anything he wanted to be.

He might have had a family of his own by now.

I may have had more neices and nephews.

It is hard to think of what might have been.

Hard to think about the relationships that were never forged.

Hard to believe he was taken so young.

We miss you Kurt.

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I've had but two "sightings" in the past 7 years. They made my heart leap into my throat both times. I miss the merories we never got to make too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband had a sighting the other day of someone that looked identical to his brother who had died young and it immediately took him back to those feelings of loss and grief.

    In an instant, he was back to the day it happened.

    I wish you comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I don't know what happened, but I can feel your sadness through the screen. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete