Friday, October 30, 2009

Carve it baby!




So here is the thing.....

I have never ever in my life carved a pumpkin.

EVER!

I imagine it is left for those who really embraced Halloween or to those with kids.

That time has arrived for me.

I learned a couple of things during this carving experience:

1. Get a good pumpkin carving kit, not the kind from the grocery store that breaks 4 seconds in.
2. If you don't like guts and goo, wear rubber gloves.
3. Carve your pumpkins at room tempurature.
4. Keep the kids busy!
5. Down load a template and cut it out, don't try to re-create it free hand.
6. Laugh at yourself.....very important!


So without further adeau:

    the top one is Grandma T's.
In case you missed it the first time around, she is the one responsible for these!
She did a great job don't you think?
The one to the left of your screen is an OWL.
Apparently they are mistaken ALOT for different creatures ;)
The painted ones are M's creations.  Like I said, keep them busy.

And in case you wanted the full effect ( I know I do!) here it is:


You may have noticed our Pirates now have goggley eyes.  They can see much better now!

All poking fun aside I am excited to light those suckers tomorrow and take M out to the neighbours.

Happy Halloween !!

4 comments:

  1. Bahaha. I feel as though you wrote this post simply for my pleasure. ;) you know that I am killing myself laughing right.

    The pumpkins on the other hand are Fantastic. Show off! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You guys did a great job for first timers! Have a great Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your attempt at pumpking carving was a success. Maybe, not perfectly carved pumpkins but, pumpkins carved with a lot of laughter and love.

    Happy Belated Halloween.

    ReplyDelete