Monday, November 2, 2009

Documenting them...and a little of me.



Yesterday he:

Turned 5 months old.

Is 17and a half pounds and 71 cm long.

He is eating rice, barley, oatmeal, peas, sweet potatoes and green beans without much passion.  In fact I would put money on it that he will not be a great eater.

Is turning over, back to front but still getting his arm caught underneath himself.

Smiles like crazy.

Always reaches for things that are strung, waved or placed in front of him, intentional or otherwise.

Has two teeth.

Has lost most of his baby hair and has tons of new growth.

Has not lost his skin sensitivities.  He scratches himself like crazy.

Is not sleeping through the night, however he only nurses once at 3:00am.

Speaking of sleep, he has three 45 minute naps a day...not a minute more.

Uses a pacifier

Plays in his excersaucer and jolly jumper.


Tomorrow HE:

Turns two and a half.

Is still 29 pounds and 37 inches tall.

Can throw a tantrum with the best of them.

Is fully transitioned into a toddler bed.

Still doesn't like fruit but will walk around with it in his mouth. 

Can not go one day without a pickle.

Is able to put his shoes on the right feet, by himself.

Can communicate in sentences what he wants...usually by screaming “I want....".

Gets juice, milk or pickles out of the fridge and place them on the counter when he wants them.

Will run and get the utensil of choice for himself at meal times.

Speaking of utensils, he can eat with them but often puts the food on the utensil, with his hand, and then proceeds to shove the food into his mouth using the utensil and the hand.

Can throw things in the garbage when asked.

Will slam doors when he is mad.

Gives the best hugs and kisses when HE is in the mood.

Has kicked me in the face and tried to claw my eyeballs out.

LOVES the Wonderpets and In The Night Garden. 

Today I:










Hate In the Night Garden.


Have begun to think about Christmas and is busy working on some handmade gifts for the in-laws.

Have decided to give up chocolate and baked goods for the month of November in order to kick start some more weight loss.

Have more energy today then most days, mostly because I was in bed at 7:30 last night.

Am not proud of myself on some days when my temper gets the best of me.

Am trying to stay positive everyday.

Am sick of hearing about H1N1.

Am enjoying the ride however bumpy.

5 comments:

  1. I am impressed that you are making gifts for the holidays! I want to, but I'm betting it won't get done.

    Love the picture with the sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day I hate In the Night Garden.... stupid freakin' ickle pickle and upsy daisy. (I have no idea how to spell those names. lol) Besides that I was thinking of getting that little plush/soft playset for M&J for Christmas which I have also been thinking about like crazy. rotfl. Yep 2 gifts bought. yay me.......

    Oh ya I'm sick of H1N1 too. My kid came home today and said mom we really neeeeeeeeed to get the shot, tim, dick, and harry have it.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. TKW...theya re mini albums for grammy and great grammy, when they are done, I will post.

    Sam.....Frickin Igle pigle...He , i mean they will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a post. I love that you included yourself in there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give up chocolate???????????? Please let me know if you make it!

    I like that you included yourself in there, too. So much of our blogs are about our kids, but hey, we deserve some attention every now and then!

    ReplyDelete