Friday, December 4, 2009

My Vintage Snowman

I love this guy.

And by love, I mean LOVE.

He is so special to me in so many ways.

My Brother bought him for me the last Christmas we celebrated together.

I know he didn't have tons of money but when I opened this I was blown away.

I felt as though he had searched far and wide to find the perfect thing for me.

He hit it bang on.

I don't think I ever got to tell him that.

Tell him how much I love this guy.

How much I look forward to digging out his own special shinny red box every year.

Unwrapping his feet that dangle together from their special plastic packaging.

Thinking about him and missing him each time I look at my special vintage snowman.

Frig.

I hate that he is gone and that we don't have any more Christmases.

I hate that it is 7 years later and that I still can't write something about him without a pool of tears  in my eyes that are blurring my vision.

I hate it.

But I love my special vintage snowman.

And if any of my kids break this guy I think I may ground them for eternity.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry for the loss of your brother. That must be hard.

    I'm awfully glad that little snowman can make you smile through the tears, though.

    ReplyDelete