Thursday, December 10, 2009

There are Little People under my tree.

I am Catholic.



I don't necessarily feel on any given day that I am a GOOD Catholic.



I struggle with allot of religious concepts.



I became really angry listening to one particular sermon the last time I went to Church.



It was about divorce.



I won't go into the details because the Priest redeemed himself at the end.



Church does that to me.



It makes me emotional.



I have no idea why but I could burst into tears during the Lords Prayer.



I struggled with the decision to get my children baptized.



I wanted to do it for the right reason.



I wanted them to have FAITH.



To BELIEVE in something bigger than all of us.



I wanted to be a good example to them.



I wanted them to go to a better school.



Yes I am aware that that is a crappy reason.



However in the public schools here they don't even sing the NATIONAL anthem anymore.



SERIOUSLY?



I became better.



I try to go to mass as much as I can.



And it makes me smile when M says we are going to see JESUS.



It also makes the other parishioners smile because he is not quiet about it.



I'm not perfect and don't pretend to be.



I haven't been to MASS in 5 weeks.



I won't go with my babies until they get their H1N1 shot.



I am just not going down that road.



Please don't question that logic.



So in an effort to teach my child about CHRISTMAS I wanted a Nativity set for under my tree.



I have no idea why I felt such a strong urge to do this.



In all of my grown up years I have never had one.



I guess it is just another little thing about kids that changes you.



But here is the thing.



I hate saying NO.



Along with DON'T TOUCH THAT!!!!!!!!!!



Kids are curious and they NEED to explore.



And I want him to touch,



And learn,



And play,



And believe,



And have faith.



Which is why I am so thankful to have found this:

















On Christmas Eve I plan to have M put in Baby Jesus.

May your holidays be as blessed as ours.

x/o

J

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you finally found this! Did you order it online? I think that this will be a great way to teach M&J about the true meaning of Christmas. Smart mamma you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, that is awesome! I have seen that nativity and it is so cute. My kids have a ceramic nativity that my mom made way back when I was a kid. Last year the angel lost her halo (little fingers), but I think her smile was even bigger regardless. Hopefully she won't suffer any more damage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a little wooden one for the same reasons. I think it's great that they've made these accessible for little ones to actually play with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great that you go this one.As you know I still have the one from when you's weer much yougar.Some glass&plastick.Yours is so great for the new generation.XO

    ReplyDelete