Sunday, February 7, 2010

Tales from the potty and other randomness

So I think...*think* the time has come.



He has been peeing in the tub for some time.



We bought the potty seat with the cars all over it, along with big boy undergarments in August.



Yep....August.



We talk about it all the time.



Project Big Boy Phase Three has been creeping forward for months.



MONTHS.



With no pressure, no time lines.



When he is ready it will happen.



Four days ago he said he wanted to pee on the toilet.



His words were "I'd like to pee on the twoiyolet".



Okay Bud off we go.



And he did.



Pee that is.



And he did the day after.



Today I think it might be a little bit of way to get Mommy's attention.



Because I bought a stool to sit on while he does his business.



And we read stories.



And we banter back and forth about how he would like to pee in the twoiyolet and I tell him that I would like him to pee in the toilet.



He gets off.



He gets back on.



We read more stories.



We giggle.



Yup... This is me starting to Potty Train.



I have presents bought for the big day and everything.



No frickin clue what I'm doing but I'm sure it will happen.



Eventually.



My Baby is growing up. Makes me a little sad.



Not much is happening around the D/H household.



It has been cold.



I have felt a little housebound.



I am watching the Superbowl with hubs....mostly just to catch some of the commercials.



The Bud commercial made me teary..."Nothing comes between friends, not even fences."



Beautiful commercial but I'm not so sure how much weight I would put into that statement, but that is a whole other topic.



What are you doing tonight?

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are doing a great job with potty training. That is pretty much how we started it also. If he's asking, go with it. Sorry if something difficult is going on with a friend. Hopefully, it will turn around soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please come potty train my kid? She has NO interest and it's suckage.

    ReplyDelete