Saturday, May 29, 2010

Last week...

I finished nursing J, 2 months shorter than M.

I pulled out of my house and drove a new 20 km drive to my new store.

I fought back tears several times

I met my new team.

I was reunited with a manger I had worked with in the past.

I made snap first impression judgments, some were bang on, some were way off.

I butted heads with a couple of people.

J started sleeping through the night.

J stopped sleeping through the night.

J took three steps.

M redeveloped excema.

M informed me that he had to go to work.

I experienced a different type of exhaustion.

My feet hurt from wearing high heals for the first time in almost two years.

I rediscovered my love for Starbucks green tea,

and what it was like to be so busy you didn't stop.  All.  Day.

I felt that same sense of panic on the drive home as I did two years ago,

and the same rush of joy when I gathered my boys up in my arms when I walked in the door.

The 7pm page for me to pick up line one made me smile because I knew it was time to goodnight to the turkey and the monkey.

Last week  wasn't perfect, if it where I would still have been at home with my guys.

But it was good, better than I expected.

Both boys are meltdown free, and in a home filled with love, with a Grandma that loves them, plays with them and takes them on fun adventures.

They are showered with love from a Mommy and Daddy who are away all day, and in my case, two nights a week.

And I can only ask for that during this chapter of our life.

Heres to an even better second week.

Nighty Night.

2 comments:

  1. what a sweet post. no, nothing's perfect. but happy and healthy sounds pretty good to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on surviving your first week back. Just think, things will only go smoother from here on out!

    ReplyDelete