Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just Us.

That is all it has been for eight years now. Never in my life could I have imagined that we would have lost Kurt and Dad in the same year, let alone the same summer. The three of us have made sure that we keep both of their memories alive in different ways. Between Sam and I, we have two children that are namesakes, both who never knew their Grandpa or Uncle. We scrapbook our memories of them, we tell each other stories about them, and we cry about them when our hearts feel heavy. I think most importantly we make sure to tell each other that we love them, we know life is too short not to. It’s hard when we disagree or argue. I think it hurts more now then it ever did because of the fear that one of us may be gone before we can say we are sorry or tell one another how special they are to us. But no matter what happens, I know that we all have good intentions and each others best interest at heart. I know that we will always have each other.





















Photo taken July 2008, thoughts July 2010.

Miss you both, RIP.

3 comments: