Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Project 12, Project Big Boy, and Project Bad Mommy

Lets start with Project Bad Mommy.

A certain three year old who was overtired from yesterday, indecisive, and stubborn wanted to go for a walk this morning.

It ended very badly, with my face being clawed, a spank on the bottom in the middle of our street, ALOT of screaming (some from me, some from him), some kicking, almost making a connection with my face and neighbours putting their heads down and walking quickly into their homes.  (okay there was only one neighbour and I think he was in the house before all the action started)

I will say that my voice didn't raise until I was in the privacy of my own home, but it still was not one of my finer moments.

I do not enjoy losing my temper. 

I do not enjoy not feeling in control.

But reality is that it isn't always sunshine and lollipops right?

He promptly took a three hour long nap and woke up a different child, dancing singing, kissing, hugging.

Those are the moments I am going to remember I hope, not the tantrums.

On to Project Big Boy Phase Three.

He is doing great.

We had five warbrobe changes yesterday and only two today.

He even woke dry from his three hour nap.

YIPPEE for him!!!

And now Project 12.

I really enjoyed this months sketch:














I loved the photo collage, but I knew that I wasn't going to be able to reproduce it exactly because I get my photos printed at Blacks or Costco and they don't have alot of size options.

So I did the next best thing.  I created a collage in Picassa and played with the number of pictures that I wanted to include and sized it to an 8x10 picture.  I was really happy with how it actually turned out when I went to pick it up.  The picture of  it on the layout doesn't do it justice.

I also palyed with the colors of the prints, some sepia, some black and white and left the majority in color.   I think it looks pretty cool.

And here it is...


Simple but I love it.

Love the big picture of my Mom with the boys.

Love that it includes B.

Love that I am making sure I am including myself and ignoring the fact that I wore the same tshirt in two of the pictures, that my hair is always in a pony on my days off and that there isn't a stich of make-up on my face.  No one that I make these pages for really cares about that so I shouldn't either right?

Love that we got to do alot of fun things this month and that this project helps me remember it all, because honestly I am not sure I would have documented all these little moments if not for it.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my ramble.

x/o

J

2 comments:

  1. Really cute P12 page - lots of great pics! Good for you for making sure you're featured on the pages... You're right you shouldn't worry about pony tails and makeup - your kids will NEVER look at that pic and say "Good golly, why didn't mom put on some makeup to go to the park?"

    As for the bad moment, well we all have them. Keep your head up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Project Big Boy, congrats! Project mama, we have ALL been there. I've had a similar experience on a walk and my girl is 4.5 years old! This too shall pass, they say, and I am still waiting. My girl doesn't nap either! I am confident you are doing the best you know how to do and that your boy wouldn't wake up happy if he didn't think so too.
    As for Project 12, fabulous! I love the collage so much! You inspire me each month.

    ReplyDelete