Sunday, December 5, 2010

Today,

I put up the tree.

It is slightly top heavy with all of my special ornaments.

Plastic, wood and fabric ornaments fill the bottom third.

Badness has been pretty good about it so far, but this is just the beginning.

M helped me decorate it.

He ran back and forth from my Christmas totes to the tree, resting ornaments on the branches.

At one point he even tried to sit on a branch and quickly learned that it would not hold his weight.

My heart was full as I took the time to watch M help me decorate and as I watched J as a toddler discover the tree, it's lights and all the pretty decorations.

I knew I had a smirk on my face.


Later in the evening we ran out to do an errand.

The snow was falling softly from the sky.

J was in silent awe, watching the sky and trying to catch the flakes.

I love this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment