Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Staggered tears take two

And just like that Tuesday came and M was spending his first full morning at school.

On our first meeting last week we had some homework to do...Decorate a hat


















M decorated his with Stars and Thomas stickers that he picked out himself.

He was/is to wear this hat on his first two mornings of school.
























We pumped it up so much that I didn't really worry about dropping him off.

I knew he wanted to be there.

He did great.

He stood on the yellow line and waited for "friends" to get off the bus.























He held hands with the girl in the leggings in the picture and his teacher while he waited.

That girl made my morning watching her with him.

He walked in turn towards the play area all the while holding her hand.

He watched in awe at all the children, school buses and parents.























At times I thought he looked like a deer caught in headlights.

But there was not a single tear from him.  Not that I expected any from him.

I, on the other hand was a flowing river from the time he lined up until I got in the car to go home.

They were tears of joy and pride.  Not tears of fear.

Okay maybe a little fear but seeing him take to the teacher  assured me that his morning would be filled with fun.

I spent the morning with his brother, enjoying one on one time.

And when the time came, I went to get him at school.

I watch from a distance him play in the yard, interacting with the children, running and jumping.

I could tell he had a good morning.

When he saw me he smiled and said he had a great time.

We talked with the teacher for a few minutes as I had to fill out some forms and she said he had fun and  played well with the other children.

She showed me his artwork, which I'm pretty excited to have him bring home.

He makes me proud that boy of mine. 

And when it was time to leave he wanted to get on the bus, but we will be tackling that adventure next Tuesday.

Baby steps for this Momma.

2 comments: