Monday, March 23, 2009

8 months later

........I still haven't finished hanging pictures in our home.

B and I bought our first home this time last year. We had to wait 12 weeks to move in because it was an early occupancy townhouse, meaning the outside was done but all the finishes on the inside needed to be chosen and installed. It is a modest home for our first, and very possibly our last home. But we love it. We didn't have to worry about landlords approval for paint or children running and disturbing our downstairs neighbours. BLISS!

I had so many ideas that I wanted to do to our house after our first year here. I wanted the fence and the deck to go in this summer. I wanted a breakfast bar installed. (later with granite counters and beautiful upholstered stools) I wanted it fully furnished with a gorgeous rug, a beautiful canvas painting, blown glass base lamps, custom drapes.......
I could go on and on.

Then I got pregnant again and reality set in. None of those things would be happening for quite some time. With two monkeys underfoot and me being off work for a year it isn't feasible to do all the things that I want to do. I feel a little disappointed but I know there is time. I'm just impatient and want everything NOW!!!! I didn't expect to conceive so quickly. After all it took 4 years for M to come to us.

So my point is that 8 months later I came to terms with the fact that "out with the old and in with the new" wasn't going to happen. So I started hanging pictures to fill up our pristine walls...those same walls that I didn't want more holes than necessary. Its coming along and I'm finding new and innovative ways to use the things I had before, and making funny looking artwork for $3.00.

That and I'm tired of coming home and seeing that B randomly hung something in an empty space that is neither symmetrical nor is it size proportionate. (Yes I am anal)

Life goes on and I'm happy for all of our blessings, even if the only thing we will do this summer is put in eavestrophing...........Yippekaya

And yes, that was a tiny little bit of sarcasm and that is what was on my mind today.

No comments:

Post a Comment