Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm tired

And I think I'm a little entitled.

It is I who has the belly that can't get comfortable at night.

It is I who has to get up at 4:30am to be at work for 6:00am.

It is I that gets up with M in the middle of the night.

It is I that gets up on my days off with M while you sleep.

It is I that is worried about the "Buck" right now.

It is I that will be getting up every two hours with the new baby in 7 weeks.

It is I that has been rotating the same three outfits for the last 5 months.

It is I that worries about everyone when the lights go out at night.

It is I that has to deal with the snide comments from the "Laws".

It is I that keeps falling down the stairs because my centre of gravity is off.

It is I that has to run to the grocery store and think about feeding the family.

It is I that takes care of all the little details so you don't have to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to do all of these things. Just as long as YOU remember this.........

I am entitled to feel tired.

I am entitled to feel weepy.

I am entitled to feel grouchy .

I am entitle to feel all of these things because I am a Mother.

I am also entitled to feel these things because I am human and humans have a variety of emotions.....Not just happy, happy and happy.

And Yes I expect you to understand.

1 comment:

  1. So well put. Reading this just gave me an "8 months pregnant" flashback.

    I forgot just how hard it was to have one small kid while being pregnant with the sibling. It gets so much better after the child has been out for a few months. And then continues to get better until you forget how much it sucked to be pregnant.

    But in the meantime, you are entitled to any damn thing you want!

    ReplyDelete