Friday, May 15, 2009

Today

When did he go from this:












To this?




















I know it was over the course of 730 day but it still seems like yesterday that I was reminded how small and fragile life really was.

I was reminded today to enjoy my time with M.
Soon chaos would ensue.

Soon life is about to get so much louder.

Soon I will need to be an octopus.......8 arms and all.

And today I enjoyed it being just us two.

Even though I was so tired I built a bed on the floor at the base of the stairs so M wouldn't climb up without me knowing it and slept with one eye open, and one foot on the rocking chair while he watched Pocoyo for almost one hour.

Even though he threw one of his now famous after nap fits that I am starting to get used to.

Even though it rained and he was bored and I dragged him around a mall and grocery store just to get out.

Even though my back was killing me and all I wanted to do was lie down all day.

I still tried to make it memorable.

One ride around the block in the red wagon that took all of ten minutes.

Pretty sure it didn't go down as one of the most special days in his memory.

But it did in mine.

Because it was just us two from sun up to sun down.

Because I was rewarded by a random hug and kiss for no reason, without even asking for it.

Because I know soon life IS going to change.

And it will be for the better.

And I will survive it.

And I will love it.

But for today I was happy it was just me and him.


2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking of you today. Aren't you due today?

    And what a beautiful post. I really, really love reading your blog. I'll miss you when you're, you know, too busy to write with the new baby and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww BMM, that's so sweet.
    I'm sure you can find time to type/nurse in the middle of the night. lol.

    ReplyDelete