Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oh to be a Beach Bum again...

I'm not to sure if you saw my post down below about  becoming a better me, but I mentioned several things that I was struggling with in reference to my body image right now.

This feeling has been lingering for some time but I think a project that I had to do for Tina really pushed me to make some changes in my life.

She gave me this beachy piece of paper to work with from Paper House Productions:























I'm not going to lie to you, I was extremely intimidated by creating something that stayed true to my style with this piece of paper.

I dug through some old photos from over 15 years ago looking for pictures of me in St.  Maarten.  I went there after completing my first year of University as a reward for doing well.

I don't often daydream about the beach, but lately I could trade in my life leading my team  and bringing you fabulous for less, and hang with the kiddos all day in a tropical paradise.

Anyhow, I came across two of me on the beach, one clothed and one not so much and had a good stare at myself.  Two things came to mind.

  1.  I had the best tan that I had ever had in my life
  2. At the time I thought I was on the pudgy side.

So silly, really when I think about it because I was no bigger than a size 8, yet I didn't like myself then.

Why do we do that to ourselves?  It is totally and ridiculously crazy.

I used those two pictures to make a page using that paper:






















(You can click to enlarge at your own risk)

As you can see I cut the paper in half and used the beach portion of it to go with my photos.  You can't tell in the picture but all the tan areas are actually sand paper to mimic the sand.

I have this Layout above my desk where I think it will stay for a while to remind me to be kinder and gentler to myself and as inspiration of a look that I may like to achieve.

Happy Wednesday Peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment